Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

BEAR!

With the arrival of springtime, we've been wondering if we'll see the bears waking up and stretching their legs. We've been keeping our eyes peeled for bear sightings every time we go out and about.

Sure enough, Rob and Elliot saw one this morning. Rob was heading to Elliot's school to drop him off on his way to work when a big black bear crossed the road right in front of them.

I am bitterly disappointed that I missed it. I've actually been taking my camera with me every time I go out, just in case such a photo op presents itself.

Of course, this puts a dampener on any hopes of taking some walks in the woods. After a winter of hibernating, those bears are probably pretty hungry. I'm not chancing a face-to-face encounter. For a nature lover like me, living out here surrounded by a bear-filled forest is like dying of thirst in the middle of the ocean.

No comments :