We had our doubts about whether it'd be worth it when we were about two hours into our 13-hr drive. Ugh! But really, the kids came up trumps with just a few major meltdowns!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
fun in chicago
We had a fabulous spring break last week in Chicagoland! It was so nice to be back, spending good time with Rob's parents and seeing lots of friends - and of course packing in as many favorite restaurants as possible. And the weather was fabulous! We came back feeling so refreshed.
We had our doubts about whether it'd be worth it when we were about two hours into our 13-hr drive. Ugh! But really, the kids came up trumps with just a few major meltdowns!

Nanny and Grampy took Elliot to the Morton Arboretum, which is a wonderland for kids. This place makes me wish I could be a kid again, climbing through tree houses, splashing in streams. Love it!

We got to spend time with our friends Jamie and Stacy, and their daughter Natalie is Elliot's new best friend.
Did I mention that we ate a lot? Oh my gosh, we miss those restaurants. NJ is a culinary wasteland, as far as I've discovered. We made up for it last week.
What's more fun than eating ice cream with grandparents?
Poor Sophie slept through the whole thing. I guess when you're not old enough to eat ice cream there's no point staying awake.
We had our doubts about whether it'd be worth it when we were about two hours into our 13-hr drive. Ugh! But really, the kids came up trumps with just a few major meltdowns!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comment :
Looks like a fabulous time! I'm happy that your family had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment