
For a fun day out, and to give Rob a few hours of peace and quiet to work on his dissertation, I took the kids to
Philipsburg Manor, a farm from the 1700s.

They had a big barn with a hay loft. I told Elliot that when I was his age I lived on a farm with a hay barn, and we used to have so much fun building forts, and I have a vague memory of jumping out the window on a rope and landing in a big pile of hay - although that might have just been a childhood fantasy. Anyway, I thought he'd be impressed and think I was really cool, but he just had a blank look on his face and then ran out to chase the ducks.
2 comments :
Well...I'm impressed!
Not so sure about the rope swinging...thinking it must've been a dream
Post a Comment