But other than our 2-hour-long bedtime dramas, the rest of our evenings are generally really nice. :)
Thursday, October 29, 2009
cozy evenings
Now that life has been returning to somewhat normal, we've been having lovely evenings by the fire. The other night Elliot wanted to roast marshmallows (I think he saw it on Little Bill).
We only have mini marshmallows in the house, and they looked pretty pathetic in the big blazing fire. The great thing about kids is that they don't know any different much of the time, and Elliot thought they were fantastic ooey gooey goodness!
A few nights ago I decided it was time for Sophie's next set of Grams's pajamas. Oh my goodness, too adorable!
Speaking of PJs, Elliot needs some new ones. His toes are poking out of his fire engine ones. (*hint hint* Christmas pressie idea!)
Ah, bedtime. Such a sweet, happy time of the day...
HA!!! Actually, bedtime falls at the total other end of the happiness spectrum. It happens to be the part of the day when my 3-year-old angel turns into a monster, and then I turn into a monster and I start thinking I should get an evening job so somebody else can deal with this or even better maybe I should take a 1-month-long solo vacation starting this very instant!
But other than our 2-hour-long bedtime dramas, the rest of our evenings are generally really nice. :)
But other than our 2-hour-long bedtime dramas, the rest of our evenings are generally really nice. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
One of the greatest things about the kids getting a little older is that bedtime really is fun now. They're in the bathtub at 7, having devotions at 7:30 and in bed by 8. Of course things happen to change those numbers, but it's usually about that, and they just lay down and go to bed, only asking for drinks of water every now and then. Bliss!!
Dellen and I are looking at pictures of cousins, and he wants to come visit straight away! Your living room looks lovely.
Post a Comment