Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

naughty and nice

It's snack time! Lately I've been making these very indulgent java chip frappuccinos. I used to order these whenever I passed by a Starbucks. I so rarely came into close proximity of a Starbucks that I could justify it as a special treat. Unfortunately, we now have one in our local supermarket, and I can no longer tell myself it's okay to part with $4 for a glorified cup of coffee every time I get the urge (i.e. every time we need a gallon of milk and I have to pass by that seductive green sign).

So I scoured the web and discovered a pretty great imitation recipe, which I shall now share with you and therefore spread the joy:
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (or 2...)
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
  • 1 cup double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee
  • 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
  • 1 cup crushed ice
Blend it all up, pour in a tall glass, and enjoy! If you want to be extra naughty, you can add whipped cream and chocolate syrup on top.

There you go - much easier on the wallet, still not so easy on the hips.

SO, to boost up the health content of this little snack, I have a super healthy blueberry banana muffin. These are really delicious, and in addition to the fruit, they have oats, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, oat bran, and walnuts. They're really good - try them! Happy snacking!

1 comment :

Chandelle said...

Thanks for sharing - sounds delicious! I am still having a hard time thinking about you drinking coffee. It is such a new picture of you. Let us enjoy them together soon in NJ!