Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

cure for the winter blahs

017

Our friends Jamie and Stacy came to see us – all the way from Chicago! They had little baby Patrick 6 months ago. Don’t you want to just pinch those huge cheeks? I refrained myself, but I did get in a couple good cuddles.

013 

Elliot had so much fun playing with Patrick’s big sis Natalie. I think he’s in love. She’s such a cutie. :)  

018

It was so nice to have some good friends around. It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve lived by them, but we could move back tomorrow and it’d be like we never left.  021 

I was not with it at all and failed to get any more photos than this. I am in the midst of some pretty serious winter blahs. January thru March = blech blech blech. So we were extra happy to see these familiar faces and have a fun weekend together.

We’re not sure they’ll want to repeat the experience though. Halfway through Saturday night our heating went out, and we discovered them the next morning all huddled together and shivering. I think it was the coldest night of the winter so far. Brrrrrrrrr. They were very gracious and said it was a family bonding experience. Now those are some good friends!

2 comments :

BellofWheaton said...

Your hospitality kept us warm, even when there was no heat. : ) We had such a great time with you guys - although it only makes me realize how much I miss you. Already looking forward to March!!

Chandelle said...

I'm back again. Glad you took some pictures and had such a great time. Anything is needed to help with the winter blues...or grays.