Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

woe is us

I'm editing this one, because I was obviously very tired and stressed when I wrote it the first time. So I'm just going to say, we're in an unhappy housing situation right now. We're hoping to have a much happier housing situation in the next few months. Sometimes life just sucks. And when things are hard, I tend to feel GUILT. I tend to think that if all is not perfect in my life, it's my fault. Sometimes it is my fault. Much of the time it's hard to pinpoint exactly why I'm in a tough spot. I read once that when we're feeling a general sense of guilt, we should name every specific thing we know we've done wrong, repent of that and ask God's forgiveness, and then move on in the spirit of freedom and confidence. I'm really good at doing the first two steps. I do those all the time, again and again. It's harder to do that last part.

So here's to a life of freedom and confidence in God's grace, mercy, and love. That's what Easter's all about after all, right?

2 comments :

Chandelle said...

You know the season I'm in. I am still wrestling that my life is completely not my own anymore, and that leads to many questions and fears. I read your blog, and I am transposing all those to your life as well right now. Sorry.

Here is to better days, weeks, and months!

Carina said...

Consider us a big digital shoulder to cry on, and imagine a big pat on the back and a clean hankie.

It's easy to feel crushed by circumstances and by lousy people. Don't let them win! =)