A few weeks ago Rob was interviewing John Garrison after a concert he gave in NYC. Rob asked if I wanted to come along, and I thought, Why not?
Well, a very good reason why not was that it was in the evening, as in when the kids go to bed, and we weren’t exactly going to pay a babysitter so I could go driving around the city.
So we all packed in and off we went. I love love love driving in nyc.
I kept praying I wouldn’t hit a pedestrian.
We were just about at the venue when we couldn’t for the life of us make a left turn. We kept trying at each intersection, and each time it was a stupid one-way street or we weren’t allowed to turn left for some reason.
So we suddenly found ourselves having to cross the Brooklyn Bridge. It was annoying, because we were planning to have an hour to eat dinner at a cool restaurant and instead we had to wolf it down in 15 minutes.
But at the same time it was cool because we got to see the city lights. This was as good a shot as we could get while we were moving.
I was telling my sister-in-law Chandelle about our little adventure, and she reminded me that sometimes getting lost is the most fun because you discover places you otherwise would never see. And you learn a lot more that way than if you would just go straight to your intended destination. Maybe that’s a wise parable for life, huh?
Anyway, we eventually made it. I hadn’t anticipated just how much of a night-life scene we were getting ourselves into. I thought, This is New York. Surely it won’t be so unusual for kids to be out at a restaurant at 7:00 at night, right? Well duh, we were in the concert and bar side of town. We felt a wee bit conspicuous. Ha!
1 comment :
Everyone there probably just thought "bravo for you, to expose your children at such a young age!"
Looks beautiful!
Post a Comment