Last Saturday our baby turned 2. TWO!!
How has it happened so fast? I so badly want to press the rewind button and do it again in slow motion.
Hang on. On second thought, I’m quite content to leave the newborn days firmly in the past. And every day she grows into more of a character, funnier and more talkative and such a hugger and always up for fun and giggles. Yes, I’ll take today. I love today.
We made a cake to celebrate.
A butterfly cake!
We had a big day planned for Saturday. We were going to be out of the house by 8:30am.
The kids both slept in until 9:00. 9:00!! I don’t think that’s ever happened before, and I certainly wasn’t going to fight it.
When we eventually did get up, it was time for presents!
Elliot has enjoyed all of Sophie’s gifts at least as much as she has.
A few months ago I showed Mom a picture from a catalog. She wasted no time and immediately got busy imagining and sewing and stitching. Last week this arrived on our doorstep.
A princess canopy!! Isn’t it the most marvelous thing? I’ve been so so excited about this!
Both kids basically want to live in there. They are in there ALL the time.
Sophie probably would have been happiest staying in her pajamas all day and playing with her presents – but we had a big day planned!!
Finally, we set off 3 hours later than planned. No matter – the city wasn’t going anywhere.
Unfortunately, neither was the traffic. It took us 2 hours to get in!
Finally, we made it – Rockefeller Center!! Wow, look at that gorgeous enormous tree!
Hmm, not such happy faces there. Sophie was not pleased to be strapped into her stroller. I’m not sure what Elliot’s problem was. Probably hunger. We went off in search of food.
We found a cute little sandwich shop.
Passing the time while Rob was ordering…
Ah, a little food, a little sugar, and everyone’s much happier.
Time to shop!!
We knew where Elliot wanted to go.
While the boys spent some quality time with Legos, Sophie and I debated between Saks Fifth Avenue and Anthropologie. So many shops, so little time!
I could’ve stayed for days. New York, I love you!! Have I mentioned that before??
To top it all off, on our way back to the parking garage, we passed The Paley Center, which currently has a special exhibit on John Lennon’s early days. We decided to take a little look, and in no time at all, Rob had talked his way into free passes for the family.
All in all, a spectacular day!
Dear Sophie, I hope you had fun too! When you’re old enough, we’ll take you to the Nutcracker ballet! Oh, the fun to come!
2 comments :
We love all these pictures. How fortunate you are to have a mother who could sew and make such a marvelous princess canopy. Sophie is growing up into a lovely princess, and Elliot looks a great young man too. What a wonderful day you all enjoyed. Thanks for sharing it in these pictures.
Lovely in so many ways! Think about all the times the two of you gals will share through the years!
Post a Comment