I attempted to make a cooking show a while back. This did not work out for the following reasons:
1. I now realize why everyone on the Food network has $50k kitchens. Old kitchens make food look blah and unappetizing.
2. Now that I think about it, my food probably would have looked blah and unappetizing even in Giada’s kitchen.
So I’m showing you what happened at the dinner table after the cooking was done. Many of you know that I complain a lot that Rob doesn’t like my cooking. And I also complain a lot that my kids won’t eat anything, whether it’s my cooking or not. So I thought, why break the habit? So here’s a clip of nobody eating my cooking, and me complaining about it – in other words, a typical dinner at our house.
By the way, it’s the day after Christmas, and I’m using up leftover mashed potatoes. Why did I try to make a cooking show of that? Good question. You are all going to empathize with Rob and the kids. But really, the potato croquettes were very tasty. Really!
Okay, you cannot use this as a license to start criticizing our parenting. We do usually have a more cohesive dinner experience. This was a laid-back holiday time, remember? And I was trying to film at the same time as feed my child. I’m not usually that pathetic sounding. Seriously.
3 comments :
Oh Lori....why don't you fly out here and cook for me? I would appreciate and love your cooking and efforts.
"Chicken Tika Masala...Sorry..."
I nearly fell out of my chair.
Ha Ha....Too funny!
Post a Comment