Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

hats, tantrums, and night sledding

After a brief spring tease last week, we are firmly back to winter. In fact, we got another foot of snow yesterday. To show that her enthusiasm for winter is not yet waning, Sophie put on a hat fashion show for us.

2011-02-15 0242011-02-15 029

2011-02-15 002

She is actually crying in this picture. Maybe because her boots are too big and hard to walk in? Or because she wants to get outside and can’t turn the doorknob? Most likely it’s because she is 2 and is therefore ALWAYS crying these days. She throws countless tantrums a day. The other day she and Elliot got into a huge fight because he wanted the light off and she wanted it on. At 3am that night, she woke up screaming and insisted that I walk through the house turning lights on and off. Finally we reached the back room, which was where the upsetting incident occurred; at her insistence I turned on the light, and she immediately collapsed asleep on my shoulder.

At least we have an older one to assure us that the terrible two’s do eventually end and happiness can reign once again.

So anyway, I was feeling not at all enthusiastic about the snow, but by about 5pm I finally mustered up enough motivation to get the kids bundled up and outside for some fresh air and exercise. The sun was setting and it was starting to get dark, so it felt kind of novel to be outside sledding. We found ourselves not wanting to go back in.

Here’s a clip of Elliot attempting to sled.

And here’s a brief one of me trying to walk on ice. :)

3 comments :

Chandelle said...

Oh - Were you okay? The night sledding does look fun. Sounded icy. Elliot looks so grown up and Sophie is a doll even when she is looking somber.

Chandelle said...

Dellen thinks Sophie is "preetty like that"!

Anne said...

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh at that last clip. That's so GREAT!!! HAHAHAHAH.
Love the hats, pretty soon it will be time for a Spring fashion show!