On the eve of April 1st, I stayed up waaaaay too late, which would have been foolish on any night, but it was even more foolish because I had forgotten that April Fools Day is one of Elliot’s favorite days. It ranks right up there with Christmas. Which means he was up early, jumping into our room saying, “Mommy, there’s a bear! Ha! April Fools! Look, there’s a deer! April Fools! Ha ha ha! Mommy, Mommy, GET UP!!!"
I finally dragged myself out of bed, only to be faced with this scene out the back window.
Beautiful, yes. But in April, after a long winter of oh so many snowstorms, this was just wrong. It felt like we were stuck in a Narnian winter. I half expected the White Witch to emerge through the trees. Fat, heavy snowflakes drifted down steadily all day. It was painfully gorgeous.
Now, two days later, we have sunny skies and all the snow has disappeared. I dearly hope that’s the last we see of it for many, many months!
1 comment :
It is beautiful! How funny that Elliot anticipates April Fool's Day.
Post a Comment