Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

strawberry pickin’

Our local orchard has had a sign out saying the strawberries are ready, so last week we set off for the strawberry fields.

DSC04026

It was a cool, overcast day, but we persevered, and it was nice to have the fields nearly all to ourselves.

DSC04037

DSC04028

DSC04029

I have been dreaming of picking strawberries for over a decade. I’ve always adored strawberries, and I remember seeing “pick your own” signs along the road when we were first married and living in Northamptonshire, England. I don’t know why it’s taken so long to actually do it!

DSC04032

But I’m happy I finally got to fulfill this dream with Elliot and Sophie by my side.

DSC04034

Look at those glorious red berries!

DSC04041

Our first thought when we got home, of course, was ice cream.

DSC04038

I bashed strawberries into vanilla ice cream, which turned super pink and super yummy, but the kids insisted on keeping the ice cream and strawberries separate.

They did have fun making and eating strawberry bread though.

DSC04044

We also made strawberry pancakes, strawberry smoothies, and strawberry ice pops.

Strawberries – the definition of summer joy!

1 comment :

Chandelle said...

Delicious! I also loved the jello landscape creations! You are one awesome mommy!