Back in Kansas, my family tells me summer is a third over by now. But here, we’re just getting started. Today is the last day of school in our town, so all the summer programs are just now starting. It’s about time!!
Over the weekend, our lake community had it’s annual celebration day. We loved it! Elliot bounced his heart out in the bouncy castle.
I carried Sophie up this bouncy slide, and slid down with her, several times. AND, I ran a bouncy obstacle course with both the kids, several times. Impressed?
We had a lovely outdoor lunch…
with a beautiful lake view! We watched people boating and waterskiing, and our wish list kept growing (speedboat, water skis, house on the lake…). *sigh*
In the evening, it was time for fireworks!
This was at the end of the big finale. Woo!
Elliot loved it. Sophie sat on my lap the whole time, relaxed and riveted on the sky. I thought she was loving it. But afterward, she kept repeating, “Too loud!” about fifty times, so maybe she didn’t enjoy herself as much as I thought. In fact, she looks kind of miserable in this photo. But it was a big highlight for the rest of us!
In other weekend events, we went to see Cars 2. The kids loved it. The adults, hmmm. Sophie made it halfway through, and then I had to walk around with her for an hour until it finished. A two-hour kids movie! Ack! Sorry, all my photos from here were blurry.
We also made it to a farmer’s market over the weekend. Hooray for the opening of market season!!!
We made some pesto with our basil.
And cherry crumble with our cherries.
May every day this summer be this full of goodness!
No comments :
Post a Comment