Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

first day of kindergarten!!

338577_10150301902039849_614999848_8284838_198098544_o

Elliot was excited. Very excited. So excited that he couldn’t eat his breakfast.

2011-09-05 013

Sophie was there to cheer him on.

2011-09-05 007

After 5 1/2 years of being woken by little people, I actually had to set my alarm last night – for the ghastly hour of 6:30am. A new era has begun!

We walked to the bus stop in the pouring rain.

Met some more neighbors. Turns out there are quite a few kindergarteners on our street!

2011-09-05 016

We waited, and waited, and waited. The bus was so late that Rob sadly had to leave to make it to a meeting. Bummer!

Finally, the big yellow bus arrived!!

327211_10150301901634849_614999848_8284836_1280380621_o

This was definitely the primary thing Elliot has been looking forward to all summer, and it did not disappoint.

I failed to get the quintessential kindergartener pic, with him stepping onto the bus. Without Rob, I had to hold onto 2 umbrellas with one hand and Sophie with the other. Thinking about it now, I suppose I should’ve just dropped the umbrellas!

2011-09-05 020

Sophie and I then hopped in the car and drove to the school to welcome him. (okay, honestly, and to make sure he didn’t suffer some horrible trauma on the way!) No, I am not a lone crazy kindergarten mama – there were lots of us there. Apparently this is a tradition around here, and I was happy to join in.

2011-09-05 024

This is his teacher, in the purple, welcoming everyone.

2011-09-05 021

He was one happy kid!

The day’s report: the bus was really fun, the teacher was grumpy because some boys were running around and wouldn’t sit down but he wasn’t one of them, she praised him and three other kids for hanging up their backpacks, he got to draw a picture, he hopes the teacher isn’t mad tomorrow, and he sat beside a funny boy on the way home but he couldn’t remember why he was so funny, okay, okay, but I wouldn’t like it, okay, the boy said the word “poopy” (giggle giggle).

And so it begins!

3 comments :

Anne said...

Yay! He did it! And the poopy stories start already. Ha Ha.

My Daily Jenn-ism said...

He is so cute!! I'm so happy he had a great first day!!

Chandelle said...

He (and you) are off to a great start it sounds like! Glad it was a positive experience, and hope day two was equally so.