Sophie and Elliot have been oozing cuteness and hilarity recently (although I might be a bit biased). So many times Rob and I look at each other and say, “We have to write that down!” and then of course we instantly forget what they said or did.
One moment I do remember is the night of Sophie’s birthday, when we were walking back to the car after the concert. Sophie looked up at the half moon and gasped. “Mommy, look! Somebody took part of the moon!” “Oh no!” I said. “How do you think they did that?” “They must have gotten a big ladder and climbed up there and just took it!” she said indignantly and quite seriously.
Elliot saw his friend Zachary playing with a cap gun the other week, and he’s been begging for one ever since, so we drew up a chart of things he could do to earn it. It arrived last week, and he has been obsessed with it ever since, showing everyone who may or may not be interested. When he first pulled the trigger, he jumped a foot in the air, it was so loud. So now he just plays with his prized cap gun … without the caps.
Whenever we’re driving in the car and listening to music, the kids are endlessly shouting, “Look at my funny dance, Mommy!” And I have to look in my rear view mirror and laugh and say, “That’s so funny!” And they say it again and again and if I don’t look they get really upset even when I tell them we’re going to have an accident if I don’t keep my eyes on the road. So yesterday when I parked the car, I told them to stay in their seats so I could video their funny dances and capture what I see every day in my mirror. Elliot did not listen to instructions and immediately leapt out of his seat to ham it up. Poor Sophie, who is usually the primary instigator of the funny dancing, remained confined in her seat clutching her McDonald’s drink, so she was a bit more inhibited than her brother.
2 comments :
Too funny! Absolutely precious!
Love Elliot's face at :43
Ha Ha!
Post a Comment