Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

birthday weekend

Last Friday was Elliot’s 6th birthday!! He was SO excited! He’s been talking about this since last summer.

DSC05859

This year he had a Star Wars theme. We planned it before we even knew The Phantom Menace was being re-released ON his birthday!! He and Rob had a father/son bonding time at the cinema while Sophie and I reluctantly (not) stayed home for a girl’s night.

DSC05863

What do you think of our super awesome cake? We Googled ‘Star Wars cakes’ and discovered a dizzying number of uber talented and overachieving cake makers out there. We did not try to compete.

DSC05873

Sophie thought the entire event was electrifying. (ba dum bump)

DSC05876

We had some boys over for pizza and cake and hours of Legos Star Wars X-box gaming.

DSC05878

I spent the weekend thinking about these past 6 years and I could wax eloquent about my motherly contemplations. But I shall spare you.

The main point is: Elliot is now a very happy 6-year-old! Hooray!!

2 comments :

Chandelle said...

What a fantastic birthday boy! ...and festivities. Love him!

And Miss Sophie's hair brings back so many childhood memories of my own hair! Love her too!

Anne said...

Great Cake! Happy Birthday!