Yesterday morning we woke up to a cool and cloudy day. Just as I was wondering how I would keep the kids busy all day, my friend Jen called and suggested meeting up at the nearby orchard. Great idea!
We’ve never picked blueberries before. Aren’t they glorious?
Then it was time for raspberries.
The sky was dark and threatening, but it never did rain. We were grateful it wasn’t hot and sweltering out there.
Boys and their sticks.
Then we found the cherry trees!
Cherry trees = my happy happy happy heart!
I can’t think of many better ways to spend a morning. :-)
1 comment :
What a marvelous happy time with friends, in God's glorious creation, and enjoying your fruitful harvest. We have been picking raspberries from our bushes in our yard, but it isn't nearly as romantic as the experience you shared here. Enjoy!
Post a Comment