Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Could it be?


Is that green I see peeking up through the hard cold soil? Could this long winter actually be close to coming to an end? March is always such a big tease, throwing us a few hours here and there of sunshine and springish breezes. But just as we start dreaming about trips to the zoo and dining al fresco and buying cherries at the farmer's market, the weather plunges back to the arctic zone and it starts snowing again. Please, daffodils and crocuses and tulips, don't make us wait too much longer!



**Update** Hours after I posted this, my sister-in-law in Oklahoma told me that they had a picnic outside for dinner, Rob's parents said it was a balmy ten degrees warmer in Chicago than here - not to mention the daffodils and crocuses have been out in England since February. Ah, well. The longer the wait, the greater the joy once we see the first bloom, right?

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Spring flowers! I miss crocuses (croci?). They are my favorite spring flowers...enjoy!