
Captain is mischievous to his core, and he has recently discovered the thrill of running back and forth on the wood banister that overlooks the lower level. He persists in this behavior despite my repeatedly drenching him with water every time he does it (it's a drenching done in love, of course).
But after last night I don't think he'll be trying this trick again. Rob and I were watching a movie downstairs when we heard Captain jump onto the banister again. Rob was yelling at him to get off when Captain lost his footing, desperately swiped at the rails to regain his grip, and then went hurling through the air. Rob witnessed it all, but to my great disappointment, I missed the whole show and only realized what happened when I heard the thud.
Captain landed right on his scratch pad in the corner, which was convenient, because he always scratches the nearest available surface when he's embarrassed. After some moments of furious scratching, he dashed into the other room to escape our howls of laughter.
(disclaimer: nothing except captain's little kitty ego was injured in this incident. we only started laughing when we knew he was okay. we're loving pet owners. really.)
1 comment :
Oh! That is scary! At least he landed softly. Zack once fell out a second floor window in our old apartment---I about had a heart attack!
Post a Comment