Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

What we're listening to

Frequent readers will have surmised by now that Lori is the one who writes these posts. Just wanted to clarify that so I don't have to try to write in the third person anymore. That's getting annoying.

Anyway, today's topic is music. One of the greatest joys of being married to Rob is getting to listen to his music all the time. He has really fantastic taste in music. Honestly, I fell in love with him under the trance of the music he played to me. I'd listen to the lyrics as if he'd written them himself just for me. Fortunately, he mainly played me love songs.

And so the tradition continues. As well as compiling his weekly Britsound show, he also leaves his latest and greatest CDs out by my computer so I can listen to them while I'm working. They're not necessarily romantic, but they are good tunes to work to. So I thought I'd share what I'm listening to these days as I tap away at my keyboard.

Awkward Annie by Kate Rusby

Seventh Tree by Goldfrapp

Whatever Gets You Through The Day by Lighthouse Family

The Darjeeling Limited Soundtrack - Rob actually watched this movie in the plane on his way to India, and then we watched it together last week. Love it.

1 comment :

BellofWheaton said...

We just watched The Darjeeling Limited last weekend too! We both absolutely loved it. I hadn't even heard of it when Jamie brought it home - how did it sneak past? I thought it was funny and sentimental - I really, really liked it. I mean, it was no Chori Chori, but it was very nice.