To celebrate the arrival of the best season of the year, Elliot and I went to the botanical garden yesterday afternoon. After months and months of frozen grayness, walking in the warm sunshine looking at bluebells and breathing in the sweet spring air felt like we'd just entered heaven.




The best thing about this place is that it's FREE. And there's a lake right next to it where I can take Elliot swimming. I'm fantasizing about going here every single day from now through October and learning the names of every single plant on all 1,117 acres.
1 comment :
hi lori.
i have meant to write back to you since january!!
sorry.
i love that you found me and commented.
it's fun to see your blog and your cutie pie son.
are you still in IL...seeing bears?? what?
i don't see the hillsboro crowd too much but sometimes. usually roxi and taryn.
you know what's going on with me from the blog...
having a 13 yearold is crazy. i am getting exactly what i deserve i guess. :)
just wanted to touch base!
take care.
-meg
Post a Comment