We're thankful we randomly found such a great place to live. We have great neighbors, and it's a nice little community up here. Two doors down from us live Julia and Andy. Andy and Elliot could be twins (they're born 4 days apart). I keep trying to get pictures, but haven't yet succeeded. Whenever Elliot and Julia see each other, they run over and give each other a big hug.
And across the street are Caleb and Gina and their daughters Gianna and Ciarra. Elliot loves going over to play - they have great toys. Gina works from home, too, so we email through the day when something exciting is happening outside, like they're powerwashing the houses or, say, a bear's wandering around.
Caleb and Gina also love my cooking. It's nice to be appreciated, as a certain someone around here has yet to acknowledge my efforts in the kitchen - and I'm not referring to our picky toddler. (the cherry focaccia, blueberry muffins, fruit tart, pancakes, green beans, and even the pizza - all snubbed) So it's lovely to have the outside affirmation. Last week I made them lasagna and brownies. My oh my, I must say, it was good. The lasagna is all about the sauce - it's the sweet Italian sausage that does it.
I got the recipes from allrecipes.com. The lasagna is called the World's Best Lasagna - and I do believe that it is. It's very time consuming, but so good. And the brownies are pretty spectacular. Rob rejected the lasagna once he discovered it had ricotta (after I spent 4 hours making it!!), and he asked if the brownies were lowfat because they were so bland (um, no) - although he did manage to force down five or six of them. Good thing the neighbors were around to help us polish it all off!
2 comments :
You always manage to post food pictures when I'm really, really hungry. Not fair.
I still remember when Rob refused to eat my kick ass onion quiche simply because it was improper to serve at breakfast time! Silly Englishman. Lori, I would eat your cooking any day. It looks divine and inspiring.
~Christine, a misguided professor
Post a Comment