Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Cooking in a heat wave

What was I was saying a few weeks ago about it being the last days of summer? I don't know what's going on, but it's the middle of September and it's HOT and HUMID! And our AC's been out for over a week. Ugh!

So we've been playing in the sprinkler, sleeping under the fans, and generally behaving as if it's still July.

That includes eating summer food. Since we went to Olive Garden a few weeks ago, I've been hankering for their salad again. I did a search and found a pretty good rendition here. I don't know how it'd stand up in a side-by-side taste test, but it passes my taste test. Mmmmmm.

Rob's been going on about key lime pie, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've never even eaten it before, I don't think, but I had to admit it sounded refreshing. So I looked it up on - where else? - allrecipes.com, and found this fabulously easy recipe.

The most time-consuming part is juicing the limes.

After that you just throw in a couple more ingredients, whip it up, and pour it into a graham cracker crust.

Bake it for 10 minutes and voila! You have one delicious pie. Easy peasy!

No comments :