We haven't been too plentiful with the blogs lately. That's probably because we don't have much of interest to report. Rob is wholly immersed in studying for his quals, and I'm nearly OCD with nesting. Rob's quals are the exams he takes on October 2nd and 3rd, which cover everything he's studied in his PhD coursework. So he's pretty much been buried in his office and will continue to be for another two weeks. We're hoping Elliot still recognizes him when he finally emerges!
And I've been overtaken by a manic obsession with getting our house in perfect order before the baby arrives. With a hugely daunting to-do list, two months until the due date sounds like a very short time. I've now organized all the clothes, closets, baby books, etc., for Elliot and his baby sister. (We still don't have a name for her, poor thing!!) This week I sorted through more closets, drawers, and cabinets. I even vacuumed up the dustballs under the beds and washed the floorboards. And there's still so much to do! Like sort through the explosion that is our basement and try to unearth the box of baby things down there.
How do I have time to do all this? I don't, really. It's just that I figure this is my last chance to finally get organized. If I don't seize this moment, I may lug around boxes of junk from house to house for the rest of my life, always meaning to sort through them but only adding more chaos to the mess year after year.
So, like I said, nothing exciting going on around here. I better get back to it - a pile of boxes in the spare room is calling my name!
No comments :
Post a Comment