Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saint Mom

Praise God for moms! After my two stints in the hospital and a doctor telling me I was just going to feel that way for the rest of my pregnancy, my mother dropped everything, flew across the country, and saved the day.
We were truly in a sorry state when she arrived. I could barely walk, and Rob had his own set of problems, including an infected root canal and impending PhD exams. I really don't know what we would've done if she hadn't arrived when she did. Within a few days, she turned the ship around. Rob traveled to Virginia and back without me having to worry that I was going to have this baby on my own. I got enough rest that by the end of the week I was feeling practically back to full health. Elliot made many happy new memories with his Grams. And Mom and I got to have a special few days together preparing for baby. It was unexpected time together, but so much fun - at least for me, as I was the recipient of lots of TLC! Mom may have another story to tell, after her week of cooking, cleaning, and entertaining a rambunctious preschooler. She left us with a sparkling clean house, a freezer full of homemade meals, and much more rested and healthy bodies.
Thanks, Mom!!

No comments :