Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

back to spring

Sadly, our summer weather abruptly ended last Thursday, and we've had plunging temperatures and rain ever since.

After tasting freedom at the end of our long, bleak winter, it's no fun being stuck back in the house. So last night we made a Target run and got some cool froggy rain boots. Now we can play in the puddles!

We took a walk this morning to test them out.

I said, "Elliot, don't walk in the street. You'll get hit by a car." He said, "But I want to walk in the street! I want to get hit by a car!"

Just what every parent wants to hear, right? Ugh!

We weren't the only ones wanting to get out. We walked down to the playground and met up with some new friends - two other moms, each with a boy and a baby girl. The idea was that we'd hang out in the dry gazebo and the boys would make playdough creations. They were just going to go for what I thought would be a quick nature walk to pick up some branches and leaves to add to their artwork. Then someone brought out three nets and they shot off toward the lake. These guys had so much fun searching for snails and clams and fish.

An hour later, they were all soaked to the bone but very proud of their finds, especially the kid on the left who found a worm.

By this time, we were all shivering and too cold to stick around for the playdough, so we fled back to our houses. Watch for tomorrow's post about how we've all come down with colds!!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I've seen those froggy boots! They are so cool---I wish I was just a little younger :-)

Chandelle said...

How fun! These adventures of boys are going to keep us busy! A toad entertained my two this evening; it was all I could do to not have it as a guest in his aquarium at dinner! Fortunately, it is released now! Enjoy!