It's fun to hear his little quirks as he's trying to grasp our language. No matter how many times I repeat words, he's insistent on making these twists:
~ Every time we go to the grocery store, he says, "Mommy, let's see the monsters!" He means lobsters, but I can understand how he gets that confused. They do look pretty monstrous.
~ He calls pretzels "pencils."
~ When we drive by the snow cone stand, he says, "That's where we get pine cones!"
~ Rain drops are "eye drops": "Mommy, look at the eye drops coming down!"
We put up a badminton net, and he insists on calling the net a "tent" and the racquets "nets." And frisbees are "krispies."
I love this stage. I wish I could record every moment. Today he said, "Mommy, you're my best friend." Can a mother's heart burst with love? He went on to say, "And Sophie's my best friend. And Daddy's my best friend." I could eat him up, I love that kid so much.
2 comments :
I love hearing how our language sounds coming out of their little mouths!
Mine used to play on the "teeter-tot" and pick up "apricorns" from around the oak trees.
We had bumballs for gumballs, hangillburgers for hamburgers, thumb toe for big toe, Labradog for Labrador, Zwakwin for Jacqueline (that was an odd one), too many to recall really but they all warmed my heart. Each age is a treasure. I'm glad you are cherishing these days and times.
Post a Comment