Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

daylilies

When we moved east two years ago, we arrived just as a strip of orange daylilies was blooming behind our new townhouse. I thought this was such a beautiful welcome and loved seeing them bloom again last summer. As we were packing up to move earlier this year, I wistfully looked at that patch behind our house and had a pity party for myself that I wouldn't get to see those lilies
bloom this year.
I needn't have.
Everywhere I look right now, I see orange daylilies. Our house is surrounded by them. As is almost everyone's around here. The streets are lined with them.

I've had many periods in my life when I felt that God was nowhere to be found. But for some reason, he's almost tangible to me right now. I feel his embrace and hear him whispering in my ear. He keeps fulfilling my small and unspoken desires, as if to say that He is very much aware of our deepest and biggest longings and, at the right time, He will fulfill those as well.

1 comment :

Chandelle said...

How beautiful. And your words very encouraging.