Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the point

I'm so happy our hikes have begun again. The weather's been beautiful for the most part, and today was a perfect brisk fall day for a good walk in the woods.

Elliot had fun hanging out with the boys. This group just happens to have lots of 3-year-old boys with baby sisters. Sophie always giggles with excitement when I put her on my back.
Water break. That's Elijah sitting next to Elliot. He's such a cutie.
We saw this bear claw print. There was also lots of bear fur and even some bear poop. I felt like we were definitely in their territory.We walked about 45 minutes to a place they call The Point.
The trail to The Point is right on the edge of our neighborhood, and it's basically a small rock area overlooking the town in the valley below. This picture shows Melissa sitting right on the edge of a very big drop below. I was having a heart attack the whole time, trying to get Elliot to just sit down!
It really was a spectacular spot. And we all made it home in one piece, so that was a bonus!

2 comments :

Chandelle said...

What fun! I'm so happy for you and your family! It looks beautiful. And I'm glad you are hiking with a group so the bears don't get you!

Chandelle said...

I was showing Dellen these pics yesterday, and he asked if that was him (actually Elijah) sitting next to Elliot? Strange that he thinks that could be his memory. He was a bit confused and disappointed to learn it wasn't.