First of all, let me just apologize for my negligence on this blog and for making you all look at that silly Ghostbusters cake for the last two weeks! My very feeble excuse is that we spent Thanksgiving week in Chicago, and although I did have my computer with me, when I go on vacation I slip into a sort of zombie state and am hopelessly incapable of doing anything the slightest bit productive. But I do want to share our photos from our time with Rob parents, because we had a wonderful week with them!
(I won't mention that on our drive there, Rob's dissertation chair called and gave him a mammoth list of work to do, which he then spent the week completing rather than relaxing on his well-deserved vacation. One day he will actually be done with this thing...)
The highlight of the week, of course, was Thanksgiving dinner, which was fabulous. The day started early in the kitchen, where Chef Elliot helped with preparations.

He and Nanny got busy making a scrummy chocolate pie.

And they all decorated the turkey together with lots of yummy bacon.

It was a glorious feast!


After the main event, Elliot put the finishing touches (sprinkles!) on his chocolate masterpiece.

While we were in town, we got to swing by our good friends Jamie and Stacy's house. Natalie and 4-month-old Patrick are absolutely adorable!

We're already planning Elliot and Natalie's wedding. This is a good one for the slideshow at their reception.

All in all, it was a really fun week, which of course flew by all too quickly. Rob and I made the most of having free babysitters. We saw a movie, went to Starbucks, lingered for several hours in Borders (the luxury!), and even went out for lunch one day together. This was the most we've been out alone together in years!!
The kids had so much fun playing at Nanny and Grampy's house.

Elliot spent hours and hours driving around this car they had for him. He was in heaven!

Of course he has been talking about it endlessly since our return. It's a little boy's dream!
We certainly have much to be thankful for, and we are extremely fortunate to have the gift of very loving families!
1 comment :
Grandparents are fantastic, aren't they? Love it!
Post a Comment