One Tuesday night Rob and I trekked into the city to see the world famous and fabulous NIGELLA LAWSON!!
She's in America to promote her new Christmas cookbook. We snatched up a couple of exclusive tickets to see her at the Princeton Club, where she talked for about an hour and then signed books. She was pretty much exactly as she is on her shows and in her books - gorgeous, witty, and intelligent. Or, as Rob put it, "totally yummy and scrummy!"
I particularly appreciated two admissions she shared: 1) her children love ramen noodles and KFC and yes, she has challenges getting them to eat healthily, and 2) Christmas is stressful and there's no way to avoid it. I'm sure she had some inspiring point to go along with that - maybe to focus on the joy amidst the stress?
Anyway, it was tons of fun to get into the city, just the two of us, and have a night on the town!
No comments :
Post a Comment