Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

melting in the melting pot

Rob needed to interview someone in the city, so we all packed in the car and headed in.

I decided to take the kids to Central Park. There was some sort of carnival going on.

2010-06-04 001We made our way to the kids’ park, which I was delighted to see had a sprinkler area. It was scorching hot, and I wanted to throw myself under the water. The kids for some reason suddenly got super shy and refused to play. I guess because they didn’t have swimsuits on?

2010-06-04 002We wandered around and discovered that the entire play area had sprinklers and a little river system.2010-06-04 039There’s a wading river all through the top of this area – where the rails are, if you can see them.2010-06-04 007It’s such a happy place. I loved the vibe here, with all the kids running around and having so much fun.

2010-06-04 043

Elliot found some tire swings. (He insisted on wearing a long-sleeved thermal shirt. I tried to reason with him, but he’s 4. What’re ya gonna do?)

2010-06-04 045 2010-06-04 011 

2010-06-04 046

Sophie is almost exactly the same age Elliot was when we visited NYC for the first time in 2007. That time we stumbled upon a park at Madison Square.

As we were walking back to the car, Elliot struck a philosophical pose on this tree.

2010-06-04 014

I think he just wanted a nap. We were all so exhausted! Tired but happy. :)

2 comments :

Chandelle said...

Dellen is wearing long sleeves too! And so is Karson. I don't understand it either.

Still thinkin' you live in an awesome area.

Anne D said...

Great pictures, I think we'll have to visit there over the summer.