Simon is Rob’s brother, and today is his birthday.
He lives far too far away - in London - and Rob misses him more than Simon could ever know.
For some highly bizarre reason, Rob and Simon call each other Jim. “Hey Jim.” “Hey Jim.”
I liked Simon instantly when I first met him many years ago. Everyone likes Simon. There’s just something about him that is immensely likable.
Few fathers are as devoted to their kids as Simon is. His two boys are incredibly fortunate. He gave Elliot his first scooter ride back in 2008, which, I can hardly believe, is the last time we’ve seen him.
We miss you, Simon, and wish you a very, very happy birthday!!!
1 comment :
My friend, Jason, and I had a great time with Simon & Rob when we first met Simon. Jason & I were in England on a college tour of Western Europe. Our professor actually let us make our way to Spurgeon's College on our own one evening. Rob and Lori had just started dating a few months earlier and it was great to see him and meet his family. Sorry to say I was still too young to maintain any type of penpal relationship with Simon.
~Russ
Post a Comment