Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine’s Day at our house

2011-02-14 002

Chocolate chip/strawberry/whipped cream pancakes for breakfast. Happy!

2011-02-14 004

FIVE shots in the leg at Elliot’s 5-year-old checkup. Not happy at all. Crying face
Poor kid. He’d been so cheerful on the way, saying, “I’m not sick! I’m not hurt! It’s just a checkup because I’m FIVE!” And then as soon as we walked in, the doctor ran down the never-ending list of required immunizations. I honestly thought we were done with these, Elliot’s been jabbed so many times. But kindergarten prep requires record-breaking pain, apparently.

So we headed to WPU to have a happy lunch with Rob. We went to our favorite, Quiznos. (It’s on the outskirts of a dead mall. Notice it blocked off with that blue wall behind us.)

2011-02-14 003

This was the extent of my time with Rob, as he has meetings Monday nights. My friend Anne had offered to watch the kids last Saturday so we could have a date, but a certain little sick person derailed that plan. 

The kids and I headed back home for brownie baking. Sophie was still too tired to feel enthusiastic about it, and Elliot was wrapped up in a new Superman movie, so I did not have any kitchen helpers this time. But if I had, Sophie would have worn this adorable heart apron Rob’s mom sent her. So cute!!

2011-01-19 005

Valentine’s also happens to be my mom’s birthday, so we called and sang Happy Birthday to her. Happy birthday, Mom! :)

And Happy Valentine’s to all of you, on this highly contrived commercial holiday which I am grateful for nonetheless if for no other reason than it adds a little color and fun during an otherwise long and gray winter!

1 comment :

Anne said...

Nice pancakes! That's very sweet. Poor Elliot, I remember those 5 year old shots. Darrin and the nurse both had to hold Zack down, and the doc had to take a breather after he was finished. Now Elliot is a big boy, and can officially go to kindergarden!