Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

first ever hockey

DSC05983

Tonight was College Radio Night at the Devils hockey game at the Prudential Center. It was College Radio Day’s first ever affiliated event! Rob organized it with the Pru Center, and sports announcers for colleges in NJ and NY got to spend the afternoon in workshops with the professionals.

DSC05987

The kids and I joined in for the evening’s game. None of us had ever been to a hockey game before.

DSC05985

I think Elliot was overawed by the experience. I’m sure when we told him about it he didn’t expect such an enormous venue. The Devils won in a shootout at the end – although by that point we were hearing about it on the radio in the car as Sophie was too tired to endure the whole thing. Who knows – maybe this will be the first of many more hockey games!