Hello, friends. I know it’s been a while since I last blogged. I’ll just admit it – I am burned out. There’s no point in saying it, since every mother on the planet with small children is burned out. But still, I really don’t cope well with life when I have zero alone time. My desk piles up, the house is a disaster, my nerves are frayed. I am not pleasant to be around. And Elliot’s school year hasn’t even ended yet! Don’t mean to moan, especially on a post about a weekend getaway. (I might point out that it’s not really my definition of a vacation when we are still parenting full-time…)
But yes, we did have a little family retreat last week. We went to the Adirondacks! With neither one of us having grown up on the east coast, the Adirondacks holds a classic Americana mystique for us. So we were super stoked to venture into the woodlands and discover it for ourselves.
We stayed in this cute little log cabin.
We were right on the edge of the aptly named Lake Serene.
The kids were very excited to discover these mother and baby ducks.
We had quite a gathering of ducks, chipmunks, and squirrels who wanted to join us for breakfast.
We were there just before the start of the summer season, so most things were still closed, which meant it was just a quiet, low-key couple of days.
We did make it out on a paddleboat, though, which was a big highlight for the kids.
We managed to get halfway out into the lake before turning around. Ow, those things take some leg muscles!
All in all, it was a great way to kick off the summer and sneak in a quick break before the start of Rob’s summer classes!
2 comments :
I love quick little getaways! Looks like you had a great time.
What fun times! Dellen liked the kids in the hats.
Post a Comment