Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father’s Day Fun

I can’t claim that I planned any of this. The extent of my Father’s Day premeditation was bacon and eggs for breakfast and roast beef for dinner. When we got to church, it was fairly empty and I said to Rob, "I guess all the dads are out playing mini golf.” Rob said, “Mini golf? Where’d you come up with that?” I don’t know, it just popped into my head, but we suddenly knew how we were going to spend the afternoon.

DSC06526

Apparently all the dads were not playing mini golf. We had the entire course to ourselves. We didn’t have to feel like we were holding anyone up behind us, and we could just take our time. It was awesome!

DSC06527

The kids are finally both old enough to participate. It’s so exciting to have reached this phase at last.

DSC06530

We discovered several big frogs around this pool of water. So cool! according to Elliot…

DSC06532

We were at Mountain Creek, which is just 20 minutes from our house. It’s such a beautiful setting, in a valley with mountains all around. It’s a ski slope in the winter, and in the summer they turn it into a mountain bike park. Which means they have a lift for the bikers to ride up to the top of the mountain. Which gave us an idea…

This video doesn’t do justice to the view. It was spectacular. We can’t believe we’ve lived here 5 years and have never done that. (And also, Elliot isn’t really such a scaredy-cat. He was fine on the way up. I had just teased him before we got on, and it freaked him out!)

So it was a super fun day, and best of all – it made Rob feel happy and loved. Mission accomplished!

To my dad and Rob’s dad: We wish you could’ve joined us for the day! We love you so much and hope you know how we all treasure you and thank God for you!