We went to our town’s annual air show last weekend. It turns out that watching airplanes fly is not unlike being in a flying airplane: you know that statistically it is unlikely that a plane will crash, and yet it feels really quite likely.
Fortunately, no planes crashed at this show. Phew!
I only wish the show was one week delayed. My parents are coming to see us, and I know my dad would’ve loved this. And he would’ve known what he was looking at. I’m afraid we were fairly ignorant, and our prominent thoughts from the day are that we left much poorer than when we arrived, we got headaches from squinting at the sun, and we finally decided to leave after enough whining from the kids that it was soooo loud. I think next year we will return to enjoying the air show as we usually do – by watching the planes for free while eating ice cream at the Dairy Queen across from the airport.
1 comment :
I'm named after an airplane maneuver. Maybe you saw a pilot execute a Chandelle.
Post a Comment