Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

birthdays with Grams and Gramps

My parents flew out to see us during my and my Dad’s birthday week!

It is so weird. We hardly ever see the bears, but when my family flies in, suddenly the bears appear. We had literally just walked into the house after picking Mom and Dad up at the airport, when Sophie pointed out the kitchen window and yelled, “BEAR!”

DSC06986

He didn’t stick around long. I just had time to grab my camera and snap a photo before he disappeared into the woods.

DSC06988

The kids love their grandparents so much and miss them dearly when they’re not around. Just having a chance for bedtime stories with Grams is such a special event.

DSC06990

We made chocolate cake on Gramps’s birthday. Elliot’s always happy to help blow out the candles.

DSC06991

Cake also makes an excellent morning snack the day after.

DSC06992

Miss cake face.

DSC06993

We spent a morning relaxing on the patio, doing some artwork.

DSC06995

Grams also helped us with some gardening. We are always grateful for help getting our overgrown yard under control.

DSC06996

Elliot was eager to help, too, but Sophie took some convincing.

DSC07000

“Okay, Grams, I guess I can pull a weed or two.”

DSC07002

I’m not sure how much work Elliot actually accomplished, but at least he looked like he was enjoying himself.

DSC07003

Their visit was short but sweet. We miss you, Grams and Gramps! Come back soon!!

1 comment :

Chandelle said...

Everything looks so lush!