With Elliot in school full time now, Sophie and I get lots of time together.
She does go to preschool two mornings a week. She loved when the firemen came and she got to see a big fire truck and got a cool firefighter hat.
On the drive home from school we pass Dunkin Donuts, and she begs to go every single time. I finally gave in.
* * *
I tried to run some errands one day and drove to Target. By the time we got there, Sophie was flat out. She stayed asleep until she was buried beneath birthday cards and toilet paper.
* * *
We spent one entire day having tea parties. First we had a morning snack with the princess tea set on a yellow floral tablecloth.
Then we had lunch on the orange and green plates from Grams with an apple tablecloth.
Elliot got in on the action for an after-school snack again with the china set but this time on a blue gingham tablecloth.
Whew!
* * *
For school picture day, I tried to curl Sophie’s hair with curlers.
It didn’t work.
* * *
We took Rob to the airport for a conference in Atlanta. On the way home we stopped in at a mall with a Disney store. Dress-up time!
* * *
One day we headed to the state park for one last bike ride of the season. I knew it would likely be the last time Sophie ever rides with me on my bike. By spring she will have outgrown the bike seat.
Oh, I love this girl.
Always with the funny face!
* * *
We were driving somewhere when she announced that she knows tai chi. “Oh?” I said, unconvinced. She then proceeded to tell me all the names of the moves, and demonstrated accordingly. I have no idea where she came up with all this, but she is very happy to share her knowledge with the world.
(Sorry, you’ll have to crane your neck! I always forget the video doesn’t adjust sideways… And that pounding sound is the rain on the roof of the car.)
2 comments :
Very sweet!
oh my oh my! So cute. PLEASE...I BEG of YOU....Please post video of her talkig to her rock star "boyfriend"
Post a Comment