I am taking one small, tentative step back to the blog here. I miss it so much and feel like life is passing me by without me recording any of its daily beauty! The winters just kill me. I feel like once autumn hits, I just curl up psychologically into a fetal position until I feel it’s safe to come back out to the sunshine. This winter is clinging on with all its might, but there are some faint signs that spring could possibly eventually show up. Like, last weekend the sun was out for a couple hours and it got warm enough to ride bikes! I felt energy return to my veins as the sun melted the snow. Woohoo!
Not too much has changed over the winter. Elliot’s still into his legos.
And miss Sophie is still adorable as ever.
Honestly, I don’t intentionally take more photos of her than of Elliot. Elliot has just entered a phase when he flees when the camera comes out. And Sophie does the opposite.
The other day in the car she announced, “Mommy, these are my 3 favorite things:
1. Being silly
2. Doing people’s hair
3. Helping people”
Awwww.
She forgot to mention: doing artwork! She is drawing and crafting and creating from dawn to dusk. This carriage for our family is one of my favorites.
I am still taking pictures of food. Sorry, can’t help it. This is one of Sophie’s favorites – eggs and soldiers.
And Elliot’s top request – baked apple french toast.
The other week I made the world’s greatest lasagna. Seriously, it is the world’s greatest. No lie. It was soooooo good. Nobody in my house ate a bite of it except me. This was not because I was greedy and gobbled it all up. Nope. This was because I am the only enlightened one. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.
And this is a glorious green goddess salad dressing. I get so much pleasure out of cooking I almost want to cry sometimes. Just look at those amazing shades of green – be still my heart!
I hope you’ve survived the winter in fine shape. Here’s to a beautiful springtime full of rainbows and butterflies!
3 comments :
Hooray you're back! I always enjoy your pictures and posts. Yes, winter is almost gone and will soon be a memory. I'm sure you'll be posting flower pictures very soon!
Thank you so much for the pictures! The kiddos are sure growing and I loved reading about Sophie's 3 favorite things. Melts my heart. I seriously think you should write a food blog. Your photography skills and camera capture the colors and deliciousness so well. Much love to all!
Lovely pics, Lori
Post a Comment