Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

summer’s coming!

So… it’s clear that I’ve struggled to keep up with this blog. I’ve made it harder than it needs to be, and the more time that passes, the more I feel need to catch up on, and it becomes a great big daunting chore instead of the fun, easy thing I first intended it to be. I keep thinking about last summer’s vacation, and our trip to England last Christmas, and dozens of fun days in between. So I end up getting weighed down in the past rather than celebrating the current moment. And this is true in more areas than just this blog! It’s time to let go and embrace the belief that yesterday is not as important as today and tomorrow. One day maybe I’ll catch up on the past year’s worth of photos. But for now, let’s look to the future!


IMG_9961

Yesterday we went for a wander in the woods with Colin and Autumn. It was a gorgeous, warm day – such a gift to be back out here after the long, long, cold winter!


DSC_0106

DSC_0108

DSC_0120

We’d gotten a lot of rain earlier in the week, so the river was roaring.


DSC_0123

DSC_0140

IMG_2247

Thank God for sunshine, good friends, and the winter behind us with bright warm days ahead!

2 comments :

Anne said...

Yes, Thank God for the warmer weather!
Where was this? Would love to go there.

Chandelle said...

Sunshine and friendship go hand in hand! How fun!