It’s my brother’s birthday today. Happy Birthday, Russ!!!
You know those New Year’s Resolutions I was talking about? One of them is to “give loving and thoughtful gifts ON TIME.” I tend to have lots of loving thoughts in the weeks before someone’s birthday – I just have a big problem translating those thoughts into a tangible gift and card before their big day. So I made a resolution to change my ways. And here I’ve failed straight out of the gate.
So I say now, hallelujah for the internet! Who needs the postal service when we have blog posts and ecards?
Russ, seriously, you are an exceptionally wonderful person, so wise, loving, and compassionate, with a heart and life devoted to what truly matters. We are so thankful for you and wish you the happiest of birthdays!!
1 comment :
Wonderful tribute! The birthday boy's son started feeling ill during Russ' birthday dinner out. The last hours of the birthday were spent with us tending to barf bihourly.
Another thought...we went out to Chinese and Russ shared memories of you and Mom choosing to eat Chinese and him going with you and not liking it.
You have right at a month to get my card and birthday well wishes in the mail. :)
Post a Comment