Elliot turned 5 this week!!!
Here’s where I say, “My baby is 5?? How is that possible? This can’t be! Why is he growing so darn fast??” Every parent says that every year, and I’m afraid I am no different. Parenting is just such joy and such heartbreak all the time.
We threw a Batman/superhero party for him.
It was awesome! Apart from the fact that no one came to the party except the 4 of us. At 1am on the big day, Rob and I were unpleasantly awoken by the sound of Sophie being sick. To all of our intense dismay, she continued to do this every 10-20 minutes the entire night.
I was optimistic that she had a 12-hour bug and would be up and hopping in no time. We pushed the party back a day, and she did remain vomit-free that entire next day … until 1 hour before the party. So we had to admit defeat and cancel it. It is a sad thing to have a house full of party food and decorations, and no one to share them with.
But Elliot handled it like a superhero. All the more cake for him, I guess.
Here’s a video summary of the festivities. (We included him unwrapping a present. If you sent him something be assured that he showed similar joy and enthusiasm for everything ;)
p.s. Funny conversation we had today. I was telling him about the day he was born, how his grandparents came to see him in the hospital and we were all so happy.
“And that’s when you named me Elliot?” he asked.
“Yep.”
“Why did you do that? Elliot is not a cool name.”
“What are you talking about? Elliot is an awesome name!”
“No it isn’t. Why didn’t you give me a cool name, like Bob?”
Bob???
2 comments :
Adorable birthday boy...not Bob. :) That is too funny! Sorry the birthday party didn't work out. We hope Sophie is recovered by now.
Bob? That's cute. Maybe Spongebob?
Post a Comment